Two identical bills have been introduced in the Washington House and Senate (HB 1645 & SB 5573). These bills appear to represent what Gov. Inslee wants the Legislature to include when it passes the 2016 budget. These bills would (among other things):
- apply a 95% sales tax on all vapor product devices, components, and liquids;
- ban all online sales to WA residents;
- ban all flavors other than tobacco, mint, wintergreen, and menthol;
- ban sampling in all vape shops
Please take action NOW to protect vaping from these harmful proposals. With an issue as important as this, we are asking vapers not to only send an email, but make phone calls to your State Senator, two State Representatives, and members of both committees asking that they oppose the Governor’s proposed 95% tax on vapor products.
- Oppose HB 1645 & SB 5573 – Send an Email